tweets

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This TEA can now vote ;)

Yes, this "Third World Economic Adventurer" (TEA. I think I should copyright this) earned the right to vote in this first world country today. And, I believe that bad politicians are elected by good folks who don't vote.

The oath ceremony was short and well run - 141 people from 32 countries. The clerks at the ceremony were very warm and professional but most immigrants were either too grumpy or occupied by the weight of the occasion that they failed to respond to the normal niceties. The judge made a nice short speech on naturalization comparing it to blood transfusion. I guess that might explain some people's opposition to it. I have to fully agree with the judge that there is probably no other country where you have people from so many nations.

No comments: