tweets

Sunday, July 06, 2008

All this for a dick?

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Woman in India 'has twins at 70'

This story shows the irony that characterises most of India's achievements. Do I congratulate the doctors for this medical miracle? Do I ridicule the couple and the efforts they went to have a male child. I will go with the later because there are more like them in India.

Sometime back a friend emailed me an article about Sardar Bhagat Singh College of Technology and Management's decision to name the monkey god Hanuman as the chariman of the school. Now, that takes a leap of faith (Hanuman/ monkey...leap...you get it?). I bet desis will be quick to point out that US presidential hopeful Senator Obama is reputed to carry around Hanuman charm for luck. Now I know that when Obama remarked about people clinging to "guns and religion" he was in some sense talking about himself.

No comments: