tweets

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Why I don't use Reliance India Call...(cont'd)

So, here is the update - nothing much happened. But, lot of fun. See for yourself...

Here is my first email to Anil Ambani

Dear Mr. Ambani,
I am writing to you about my experience with Reliance India Call - your group's long distance calling service in the US. I hope you will take some time to read this.

I happened to open an account (#: ) on RelianceIndiaCall.com on Nov 11th and buy pre-paid card for USD 111.75. On Nov 12th after trying to call India for two hours on that service and not getting through, I decided to cancel the service. I called the Customer Service and the lady cancelled the account and promised to process the refund and send confirmation to that effect. In spite of email reminders I never received confirmation of the refund. So, on Nov 18th I called the Customer Service again. This time the agent told me that the company does not make refunds on a prepaid card.

I was not told of this when I called to cancel the card. And, I don't expect to pay for a service that I never used/ never worked for me. It would be great if the company could process the refund.

I wish the company can improve its service and customer service aspects.

Thanks


And, here is the response I got


Dear XXX,
Thank you for your mail dated 19-Nov-04.

I have carefully read your concerns regarding Reliance Infocomm.
Details mentioned in your email have been noted and passed on to the concerned people.

For further assistance please call *333 from your RIM or the number 3033 3333 if you are calling from a non-RIM phone. You could also send an email at customercare@relianceinfo.com

Thanks,
Anil


And, since I had nothing to do with Reliance Infocomm, I followed up with this email.

Dear Mr. Ambani,
Thank you for the very prompt response. My concerns were not related to Reliance Infocomm but Reliance Communications International Inc. - the company that runs the RelianceIndiaCall website http://www.relianceindiacall.com and provides long distance calling services in the US/ Canada. I am not sure if it is part of Reliance Infocomm.

I must say that the CEO/CEO's office is more responsive than the folks who manage the customercare@relianceindiacall.com email account. I have sent three or four emails in the last week to that email and received no response. And, as a Reliance shareholder I am not sure if it is a situation that I should feel happy about.

Also, the last time I contacted the RelianceIndiaCall customer service over the phone (1-866-6-Reliance, I live in Chicago) to get the company's registered address in the US, the Customer Service Agent was not able to provide that. I have never had such an experience with any other Cutomer Support.

Thanks


And, here is the response I get to the above email

Dear XXX,
Thank you for your mail dated 20-Nov-04.

I am in the process of reading the numerous proposals that are being sent to me. It is a matter of pride and joy to me, that people like you are giving thought to the future of this country and are sending in concrete plans for the same.

Your proposal is under consideration. Please give me time to go through it carefully. I shall revert to you at the earliest.

Please do visit my website for regular updates on my plans and the activities that I take up.

Thanks,
Anil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You opened up your account on the busiest time of the year. November 11th was the day of Diwali or the day before Diwali. Any calling service to India was bound to experience some calling problems that day. I have been using relience india call for about 5 months now and never had any problems so far.
http://discretelife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I agree. This Reliance Service is pathetic - it has nothing to do with Diwali. Most of the time the service does not go through - Reliance is becoming 'F' grade in quality and service.