tweets

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Blogging with a Tablet pc... What a joy!

So, about two weeks back I walk into the office of our Director of IT Procurement to find him using a Dell laptop. I knew that he had one of those fancy HP TC1100 tablets. I asked him about it. And, he said it "sucks" - freezes up etc... I asked if I could have it and he said yes. Thus, I came to have a tablet-pc.

I ran an anti spyware, virus check on the machine (always, do this first). And, it found about eleven spyware programs and four viruses. No wonder the machine was freezing up. Oh, did I tell you that the Director is also in-charge of desktops in our company? I then went on to update some programs, update the BIOS (which screwed up the Windows activation and necessitated a call to MSFT. During the process I found that my dear Director had ordered extra memory but never installed it. So,I did that. Now, I have a TabletPC with lGHz CPU & 1GB Ram. I then installed the Experience Pack. It just rocks - esp. the Ink Desktop! I love Corporate America - they find unique ways to waste money.

No comments: