tweets

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Why I don't use Reliance India Call...

So, last week I found that the calling card Valucom that I have used for the last five years had very few minutes left. And, since I needed more calling minutes to my dad who was recovering from a surgery in India I decided to try Reliance India Call - recommended to me by a few good friends.

I bought a prepaid card for USD100 (and, plus taxes it put me back by $111.75). I thne tried using it the next day... for full 2 hours but could not get through. Finally, I decided to cancel it. So, I called the customer service explained the situation and the lady cancelled the account and refund the money. She asked me to expect an email confirmation in the next few days.

On Wednesday I decided to check on the status of the refund by sending an email to customercare@relianceindiacall.com. And, when I did not receive any response I decided to call customer support on Thursday.

And, when I called them on Thursday the service rep said they do not refund money even if you never used the service. Of course, that was not what his colleague had told me when I cancelled it but it did not matter to him.

So, I decided to send one more email, threaten them that I would report them to BBB.org. But, I realized that I did not have their mailing address. So, I called the customer support center and asked for the registered address of the company in the US. Guess what! The person did not know the address.

So, I sent off a note to Anil D Ambani, who thinks he can save India. Lets see what happens...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Use www.fonemine.com.. dont waste your time on the others. fonemine has completely free calling to close to 30 countries including india, uk, china and many more..Why waste money.

They also have some other cool stuff like fonepages etc or upload photos and sending to phones to view